Resolving Conflicts through Effective Communication Skills
Conflicts in business or in a personnel relationship are unavoidable, but how we choose to handle this situation depends on your interpersonal skills. First of all, by improving your communication skills to get your message across successfully can help you deal with numerous disagreements and misunderstanding. Many individuals fail to understand that the inability to verbally express themselves in your work place is a lack of good communication skills. This can certainly dampen your career progression while those with magnetic communication skills are bound to be shining stars.
Some communication tips:
Most of us are not born with the gift of the gab, so here are some effective communication skills that can be used next time you’re in a conflict to make a more positive result and happier ending.
· Learn to be an Excellent Listener – being a powerful listener and paying attention to what the other person is saying is the most vital ability that will help to understand the problem.
· Making good eye contact will help you to gain trust and put your addressees at ease.
· Think before you talk - Plan your content, take time to find out more details and be a honest in the conversation you are about to make. Get your message across by understanding and believing in your message to the audience.
· Pronouncing Words correctly – your competency will be judged through your vocabulary. If you aren’t sure, don’t use it.
· Your body language is a form of non-verbal communication which must coincide with your verbal communication to send positive signals to your addressees.
· Jotting Down helps to remember the important points to be discussed without missing them.
· Your Attitude should be flexible, empathetic, receptive to new ideas, avoid arguments and take responsibility for your actions.
§ Remember people‘s names - This makes a positive first impression.
§ Use Humor to break the ice and relax your addressees. Humor is excellent way to alert your listeners. Find out your audience before you crack a joke that way you won’t end up offending anyone.
Getting your message across is a necessity in your business and personal life. Some are natural communicators who are well known in the business world. There are many who are aspiring to be the next Dynamic Leader yet do not know how to get there. Now it is time to follow an expert who has already reached the Top.
Ruth E. Stuettgen has a keen interest in Magnetic Entrepreneurial Skills including Business Empowerment, Magnetic Empowerment Skills, Magnetic Time Management Techniques, Magnetic Selling and Marketing Skills and more. These are invaluable to small business owners and solopreneurs as well as other businesses. In this blog, she offers valuable tips and insights in to developing various business entrepreneurial and managerial skills that helps achieve success